Thank you so much for contacting me in regard to reading your book as a possible contender for Global Read Aloud. I would love to as long as it fulfills the following criteria:
– Is a chapter book suitable for grades 2nd and up,4th grade and up, or 6th grade and up
– If you are the author or illustrator of picture books that you have at least 6 picture books written/illustrated
– That it is easily accessible to a global audience
– That it provides us with opportunities to grow and connect as readers
– That it would spark meaningful conversations between varied student groups
Oregon Middle School
601 Pleasant Oak Dr
Oregon, WI 53575
If I receive your book, I will do my best to read it as well as offer up for discussion to the GRA community.
Book decision process:
(To see a more detailed post, go here)
- Anyone can suggest a book as they sign up for the project.
- In April or May, I will create a shortlist of about 30 books to offer up for discussion and vote. These titles will be ones I have personally read or that have been suggested multiple times. The community then votes on the top 10 from there.
- In May the top 10 will be voted upon (and sometimes a few late titles get added as well) by the community to narrow it down to the Top 5.
- Top 5 is then voted on, with final decision resting with me.
- Selected books will be announced hopefully by June 1st.
If you have any questions or thoughts regarding this, please feel free to contact me. Authors are such a vital part of the Global Read Aloud so thank you for your interest.