Thank you so much for showing interest in the Global Read Aloud. If you are wondering how your book can become a contender, please read on. There are many factors that come into play for a book to be a contender, in fact, it has to fulfill the following criteria:
- It is a chapter book suitable for grades 2nd and up, 4th grade and up, 6th grade and up, or 9th grade and up.
- If it is a chapter book, it should have less than 250 pages or so.
- If it is to be considered for the picture book author or illustrator book study then there have to be at least six different books produced and they all have to be in print.
- The books have to be easily accessible to a global audience, this means that readers around the world can purchase the book somehow.
- Provides us with opportunities to grow and connect as readers
- Would spark meaningful conversations between varied student groups.
- Is unlike the other books that have been selected in the past.
If you feel your book or books fulfill all of these criteria please send it to me here:
Oregon Middle School
601 Pleasant Oak Dr
Oregon, WI 53575
If I receive your book, I will do my best to read it as well as offer up for discussion to the GRA community.
Book decision process:
(To see a more detailed post, go here)
- Anyone can suggest a book as they sign up for the project.
- In the spring, I will create a shortlist of about 30 books to offer up for discussion and vote. These titles will be ones I have personally read or that have been suggested multiple times. The community then votes on the top 10 from there.
- In April or May the top 10 will be voted upon (and sometimes a few late titles get added as well) by the community to narrow it down to the Top 5.
- Top 5 is then voted on, with final decision resting with me.
- Selected books will be announced hopefully by June 1st.
If you have any questions or thoughts regarding this, please feel free to contact me. Authors are such a vital part of the Global Read Aloud so thank you for your interest.
To contact the creator, Pernille Ripp