Thank you so much for showing interest in the Global Read Aloud. If you are wondering how your book can become a contender, please read on. There are many factors that come into play for a book to be a contender, in fact, it has to fulfill the following criteria:
- It is a chapter book suitable for grades 2nd and up, 4th grade and up, 6th grade and up, or 9th grade and up.
- If it is a chapter book, it should have less than 250 pages or so.
- If it is to be considered for the picture book author or illustrator book study then there have to be at least six different books produced and they all have to be in print.
- The books have to be easily accessible to a global audience, this means that readers around the world can purchase the book somehow.
- Provides us with opportunities to grow and connect as readers
- Would spark meaningful conversations between varied student groups, globally, so they cannot just be centered on US events.
- Is unlike the other books that have been selected in the past.
If you feel your book or books fulfill all of these criteria please send it to me here:
2902 Post Road
Madison, WI 53711
Or even better, send it to me via e-book as I am currently residing in Denmark.
If I receive your book, I will do my best to read it and consider it.
Book decision process:
(To see a more detailed post, go here)
Books are considered as they come in.
- Anyone can suggest a book, just reach out to me or use the form.
- I read as many books as I can, also considering which books are sent to me or suggested.
- In the spring, I focus on the distribution and accessibility of the books globally.
- Books are typically announced in March and I start the process over again.
If you have any questions or thoughts regarding this, please feel free to contact me. Authors are such a vital part of the Global Read Aloud so thank you for your interest.
To contact the creator, Pernille Ripp