Another week has passed and as promised, here is Elana’s fifth video. Thank you so much, Elana! Keep sending her your questions for next week’s video here
Because of the blog’s limitations, I can only post a link to the video here and not the actual video. So click the link, please.
TO SEE THE VIDEO, CLICK HERE
Also, if you will be at NCTE, make sure you go see Elana as she speaks and also does a signing for her newest book, Damsel.
4 thoughts on “WEEK 5 VIDEO FOR A BOY CALLED BAT – ELANA K. ARNOLD ANSWERS YOUR QUESTIONS #GRABAT18 #GRA18”
Thank you …..we never received the video for week 4…..did we miss it? Can you re-send? Thank you Mrs. DeFrezes Class
On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 11:11 PM, The Global Read Aloud wrote:
> Pernille Ripp posted: ” Another week has passed and as promised, here is > Elana’s fourth video. Thank you so much, Elana! Keep sending her your > questions for next week’s video here Because of the blog’s limitations, I > can only post a link to the video here and not the actual” >
Why did the author use the Nordic God of Thunder for the book?
Why did Elana K Arnold choose to use a skunk instead of another animal?
We are really enjoying reading A Boy Called Bat!
Mrs. Rossberg’s 2nd grade class 🙂
Lots of questions for the Author;
1. Why did you make BAT have no friends?
2. Why does BAT say animal facts when he is nervous?
3. Where does BAT and his family live?
4. How old is Janie?
5. Why are BAT’s parents are divorced? How old was BAT when his parents divorced?
6. Why does BAT love animals?
7. Does BAT’s Dad already know about the skunk?
8. What’s BAT Dad’s job?
9. Why does BAT not like mushy food?
10. Has BAT ever had a different pet?
11. What’s BAT parents’ first names?
12. Why does BAT love the skunk so much?
13. Why is his name BAT when a skunk Kit appears in the book?
14. Why did the parents name BAT after the parents’ last name?
15. Why was BAT’s Mom late to pick him up after school in Chapter 12?
16. What’s the clinic that BAT’s Mom work in?
17. What is BAT’s favorite animal?
18. Did BAT’s parents purposely name him BAT?
19. Does Janie like her Dad’s house?
Thank you for writing such a great book! We are having a great time reading the book in class and following your blog as well as watching the videos.
Some questions from our class in Clarendon Elementary School in Vermont
1. How many books do you plan on writing?
2. What is your favorite book (that you didn’t write)?
3. Why did you choose to have a class pet in the story?