I can’t believe that it is the 10th time I get to put out the call to vote for books. That this little project has been around for that long. That this year will be the tenth time, millions of kids around the world get to read a book aloud together.
Every year I am not sure that we can find books and creators as amazing as the year prior and yet here we are; another set of incredible work to choose from,
There are a few things that mark a Global Read Aloud choice:
- It is a well-written book, that also works as a read aloud, that will garner worldwide conversations, developing empathy, understanding, and deeper compassion for others.
- The length is manageable for 6 weeks of read aloud – this is a huge part and this is often where many amazing books don’t make the cut.
- It has not been used before in the project.
- It is widely accessible to people around the world.
- I try to focus on own voices authors as well.
Voting will start today and run a week. I am hoping to make the announcement of the chosen books and creators the first week of April.
I know there are books that I have missed, there always is, I try to read as many as I can, I also try to find as many as I can that would be great picks. I hope you love the ones in the running, I know I do.
10 thoughts on “Vote now for Global Read Aloud 2019 Books #GRA19”
The Boy, The Boat, The Beast
The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise
I loved this book and have given it as a gift to many people
Such tough choices and all worthy—wish I could have picked a first and 2nd choice!
Dusti Bowling for Middle Grade Choice! Such an encouraging story written phenomenally well!
I almost can’t vote and will be so happy to have any of the picture book authors!
Such great options, it was hard to pick!!! So excited.
This is great!
Since coming to the middle school level, I really miss picture books. Do any middle schools participate in the picture book category and communicate with other middle schools?
Yes, I have in the past!